easy chicken & veggie enchiladas 😍 i’ve been using my oven more - baking all sorts of sweet and savory recipes! this is my second time making enchiladas. i’m pretty satisfied with how this turned out! soo good fresh and hot out the oven!! 🍅😛 enchilada ingredients: 2 servings
1 tbsp avocado oil
1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
8 oz chopped chicken breast
1/2 tsp cumin
sea salt and pepper to taste
4 cashew flour tortillas
1/2 cup cheese of choice (i used vegan mozz)
1/2 cup enchilada sauce (recipe below)
enchilada sauce ingredients:
2 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
dash of salt and pepper
1 tbsp cornstarch
3 oz tomato sauce
3/4 cup bone broth
toppings: fresh cilantro, chopped raw onions, tomatoes
1. first, prepare enchilada sauce by heating up your pan with olive oil and sautéing garlic clove for 1-2 minutes or until browned. add in rest of the ingredients and simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. leave to side when done.
2. preheat oven to 350 F. prepare your baking dish by spraying with avocado oil spray or brushing with oil.
3. in a large pan, cook onions and zucchini for 2-3 minutes. add in chicken and season with salt, pepper and cumin. cook for another 5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. remove from pan and leave to side.
4. assemble enchiladas; lay a tortilla on a flat surface, add about 2-3 tbsp enchilada sauce, chicken veggie mix and a sprinkle of cheese.
5. roll up tortilla and place in grease baking dish. top with extra enchilada sauce as desired.
6. bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
7. top with fresh cilantro, extra enchilada sauce, chopped onions and tomatoes! serve while fresh and hot!
One of my paintings... I don’t share many because I have no proper education in art. Just some art history in college. I’ve always been the one in the family with the least amount of artist skill when it comes to painting and drawing. I’ve never felt very confident in my abilities. #art#artist#flowers